Wednesday, April 18, 2012

final results: monica's birthday challenge

Back in February, one of my Twitter friends decided to host a challenge on her blog.  I've never participated in one of these challenges, so I decided I'd try it out.  

The challenge was in honor of her friend, Monica.  Monica's birthday is April 26th, one day after my father's birthday.  It was to be an eight week challenge (week 0 through 7), and the winner would receive an amazing prize package courtesy of Dacia, the hostess.  

All I had to do was lose weight.  I wasn't even worried about winning, I just wanted to lose weight.  

Here are my results:  

Week 1
Down 0.5 pounds
Down 0.27%

Week 2
Down a total of 2.2 pounds
Down 1.19%

Week 3
Down a total of 3.8 pounds
Down 2.08%

Week 4
Down a total of 3.8 pounds
Down 2.08%

Week 5
Down a total of 3.7 pounds
Down 2.04%

Week 6
Down a total of 4 pounds
Down 2.21%

Week 7
Down a total of 5.8 pounds
Down 3.20%

I know for a fact that I didn't win because during week 6 of the challenge one of our participants was down over 8%.  Eight freaking percent!  That's awesome!  Well, not for me I guess, but still awesome for that person!

To be completely honest, I'm so glad that I chose to do this.  It was constantly in the back of my head, silently motivating me and inspiring me to keep making little changes on my journey.  In a total of eight weeks, I lost nearly six pounds and that was a fairly steady decline for me.  I was proud of the fact that I finished strong and I kept going.  I feel great!

So keep an eye out for a possible challenge coming on my blog!  I like the idea so much that I think I'd really like to host one!

No comments:

Post a Comment