Thursday, February 16, 2012

makayla's haven

Yesterday, I saw a poster in my spin studio for a charity ride for Makayla's Haven Foundation.  It happened to be at a time that I could go, so I decided to sign up for it and cancel my registration for a class earlier that day.  I'm not good enough for 2-a-days yet.  

Then I got to reading about this little girl's story, and her family's amazing strength in building this foundation.  


Makayla's mother suffered from preeclampsia during her pregnancy, which forced her to give birth at only 26 weeks.  She suffered tremendously while her daughter held on to live in ICU.  Only fifteen days after entering this world, and inspiring so many with her strength, Makayla went to be with God.  

I was so moved by this story that I had to share it with all of you.  

The ride is February 25th, and it's with one of my favorite instructors, Cheryl.  If you would like to join us in Rancho Cucamonga for the ride, please contact me.  Also, if you would like to donate to this amazing foundation and all that it does for families that are suffering the loss of a child, please contact me as well.  I'm happy to bring your cash or check with me when I ride.  

Email me at kcphelan@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment