Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Who am I? How did I get here?


In 2006, I was graduating from college and I wasn't happy with my body.  I had recently discovered the joys of alcoholic beverages, and my waistline had steadily risen since my junior year.  I joined Weight Watchers for the first time with my mother in June, 2006.


By March of 2007, I had lost nearly 20 pounds and was feeling great.  I had a steady group of co-workers to work out with and a new outlook on life.  Then, I decided to stop going to meetings and just do the whole weight loss journey on my own.

"Big mistake.  Huge."

If you can name that movie, well you're my hero.


I rejoined online a few times to save money, but in the end it didn't work.  I take that back, I didn't work.

 I dragged my butt in to the La Verne Weight Watchers facility in the last week of December, 2010.  I weighed 199.2 pounds.  This was a low point in my life. 


So here I am, just over a year later.  I've lost fifteen of the sixty or so pounds that I'd like to lose.  That's not bad, but it's not great.  I spent an entire year doing the new Points Plus plan without exercising at all.  And it shows.

Now, I'm doing things differently.  I'm active.  Like really active.  I'm committed to cooking more often, and therefore being in more control of the food I'm putting into my body.  And I'm asking for help from the people around me.  I have been more vocal lately about trying to lose weight and being a Weight Watcher and the results have been phenomenal!  So if you're reading this, welcome to my own personal pep squad, I hope I can help you out too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment