Thursday, February 16, 2012

setting the right goals

So many times in my life I have set an unattainable goal.  Every time I did this, the goal evaporated and I was left a little bit broken.  On plan, you're not enticed to do this.  Instead you're encouraged to look at short term goals and celebrate each and every victory.  

I don't know about you, but I love celebrating!  

Then I stumbled on this quote from Zig Ziglar:

A goal set properly is halfway reached.  

Okay, I get it now.   Setting one single goal of losing 50 pounds isn't really a bright idea.  Setting five small goals of losing 10 pounds is probably better!

I went looking for examples of success, and I found this from Bitchcakes, also known as Sheryl Yvette, a Weight Watchers leader, lifetime member, and commercial star!


For more information about her awards, please read about it here.  

Then there are goals that have nothing to do with the scale like clothing size goals, activity goals, and personal growth goals.  I really like these!  

For example, the other day I walked into a store and I bought something pretty spectacular.  

I bought new jeans.  

They were a smaller size than the last pair I had bought.  

They were not plus size.  

They were skinny jeans!  

The only skinny item I've purchased before this was a latte, so I was pretty impressed.  

That, my friends, is a pretty awesome goal that I can check off my list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment