Thursday, March 22, 2012

answer to the ultimate question of weight loss, dieting, and everything

I have a confession to make to most of you, I'm a bit of a nerd.  On the outside I appear girly and feminine, but in truth I was raised by a Trekkie, my favorite show growin up was the X-Files, and I've read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy just about as many times as I've read Pride and Prejudice. 

With that being said, I tend to think about life in terms of all of these influences.  First off, Star Trek taught me a lot about being open minded.  If Klingons can ultimately be nice guys, then I should never judge a book by the cover, right? 


Secondly, Trust No One.  No really, I try not to have to rely on people.  It is much easier for me to do things myself. 


And third, Don't Panic.  It's written on the cover of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and it's the simple and most amazing advice ever given. 


But then I think back to the answer to "The Ultimate Question" and I get a good laugh. 

42?  That's the answer?  Yah, right. 

In my weight loss journey, there is not one single answer.  Here are some answers I've recenlty come up with: 

Q: What should I eat for lunch?
Eat a salad. 
Q: What should I eat before I go to dinner?
Zero point soup. 
Q: I don't know if I want to go to spin class?
Get up. 
Q: I have an hour to kill, what do I do now?
Go to Target and walk around. 
Q: I've been staring at that cookie for days now, should I eat it?
Eat the damn cookie. 
Q: How do I get rid of late night snack attacks?
Paint your nails.   

And I'm imagining that some of you are all having the same mental conversations, right?  How do those go?  What are you asking yourself?  Are you usually in control of your actions? 

I'm just curious here, I can't be the only one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment